Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review: Special Needs by K.A Merikan

Special Needs (Special Needs #1) by K.A Merikan
Self-Published
Novel
3 Pants Off

Blurb:
Liam slept with his boss. Again. And lost his job because of it. Again. Set on changing his ways and tired of sleeping in his car, he applies for a job as a live-in caretaker, even though he has no experience in it whatsoever. He has a lot of practice in lying his way out of any situation though. Only problem is, his new boss - wheelchair bound owner of a sex hotel - is gay, cute, funny and oh, so fuckable! There is only one logical solution to Liam’s dilemma - pretending he’s straight. Brilliant!

When Ryan inherited his aunt’s B&B, he thought he’d hit the jackpot by changing it into a fetish sex hotel. Things didn’t go as planned though, all of his marketing efforts seem to fail, and the debt is mounting up. Being a wheelchair user doesn’t help in actively promoting his hotel, but his luck starts to change when he hires a new caretaker. Liam is open-minded, helpful and caring. All that Ryan needs from a caretaker to kickstart his business, but things would all be a lot simpler if he didn’t start crushing on his new employee. And even if, in some other dimension, Liam did return his feelings, how long can Ryan keep his fetish a secret?

The web of lies they weave around each other is more bondage than any of them enjoy.


Review
Liam has a bad habit of sleeping with his bosses and then getting fired. It’s becoming old and he always finds himself sleeping in his car and without a job. This time he swears it’s going to be different, he's going to find a job and he will keep his dick in his pants for once. His job options are limited because of course his last boss/lover has put out the word and he probably won't get hired by any restaurants in the area. It’s time to find something else, and when he sees and ad to be a caregiver (knowing nothing about it) he decides to try his hand. His luck is that the sexy twink in the wheelchair is into guys and Liam fits everything he's looking for.

Ryan is the owner of a B&B and not your generic run of a mill B&B I'm talking sexy kink hotel filled with all fantasy your heart can desire. The hotel isn't doing as well as he's hope and with his disability and struggling with a wheelchair Ryan needs all the help he can get. Hiring Liam might not have been the best choice basing his decision of sexy alone but Ryan can't deny that they're a good fit. Too bad Liam is as straight as they come any Ryan knows that even if he wasn't who would want him anyways?

Alright, I had few problems with this book and the first being it’s just too freaking long. I found some scenes unnecessary and others way too long which took away from me really enjoying the story. It’s like boom, you tighten up some of those scenes cut down 3 chapters to one and you have golden. Next, the character Ryan irked me most of the time and yes I get that he was a bit innocent and stuff but dude you run a sex hotel your naiveté was just too freaking much. He had these weird childish tangents and wouldn't use his words and most of the time I wanted to move on from him. Third, what irkes me above all else is flaunting killer and obvious shit (seriously the rope and digging doesn't give it away) unless I'm being set up and would have to say that I was tricked quite splendidly. Seriously, I feel like I could have liked this one more because it is unique but the story dragged and Ryan irked me.

The ending, I was all like "WTF" where is the rest of it and that was me complaining about it being too long, if that don't beat all. I am truthfully looking forward to reading the second in hopes with a more mature Ryan where he actually starts to be a bit truthful. Liam, he's just Liam he means well.

Should You Read It? I am a supporter of K.A Merikan cus I feel like they offer up some unique stuff and I give kudos to authors writing any kind of diversity. While I didn't love this one, I could have called it quits at anytime but it intrigued me enough to continue and left me wanting more. Who knew?


3 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!