Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Special Delivey

Special Delivery (Special Delivery #1) by Heidi Cullinan
Dreamspinner Press
Novel
5 out of 5
5/5 PL Scale

Blurb:
Sam Keller knows he’ll never find the excitement he craves in Middleton, Iowa—not while he’s busting his ass in nursing school and paying rent by slaving away in a pharmacy stockroom. But before his mother died, he promised her he’d grow up to be a good man, so he needs a stable career and a good husband, not a dead-end job and empty sex.

Then Sam meets Mitch Tedsoe, an independent trucker who makes a delivery to a shop across the alley. Innocent flirting quickly leads to an affair, and when Mitch offers to take Sam on a road trip west, Sam jumps at the chance for adventure with his fantasy man... but Mitch also comes with a past. A threesome with the other man in Mitch’s life would have been just another kinky ride, but somewhere between the Mississippi River and the Colorado Rockies, Sam falls in love.

But can a relationship born out of escape and indulgence become something that lasts? Will a fantasy man be willing to settle down into reality, or is the adventure and excitement Sam finds with Mitch just another stop on a delivery man’s journey? For better or for worse, eventually Sam is going to discover the answer, because no matter how far away he travels, eventually all roads lead home.


Review:
This one was an emotional rollercoaster for me, in the beginning I didn’t like it much but by the end I was cheering, crying and laughing. I had my hang ups that this was going to be a road trip about kinky sex, it became so much more than that. A deeply rooted love story as tall and strong as any tree seen on this journey through the winding roads of the USA. I was in a perpetual state of reading once I got into it, and I am saddened that it had to end.

Sam Keller is how can I describe him, just Sam. He lost his mom and lives with his aunt and uncle and home is not a place he enjoys. He’s twenty one with no way to make it on his own he just wishes for the day he can be free. The feelings Sam carry inside of him cannot be looked at lightly. Emotionally he is unhappy, sexually he likes to punished or should I say controlled or meant to be felt worthless. He has been expressing these desires the wrong way; giving blowjobs to assholes in the college bathroom, and getting used on pizza boxes. Until he meets Mitch and he gets educated in all things sexual, but what Sam will learn even more is about himself. Who knew that shaking his ass to his music while he thinks no one was looking would land him the love of his life.

Mitch has seen it all and pretty much done it all. Until instant attraction to a dancing beauty, which leads to mind blowing sex in his truck. He knows that this would be one time thing, knowing what his job entails but faith had other things in store and that quick fling becomes something more. Now Mitch and Sam head out on the road, Mitch not knowing whether Sam is completely certain of the path he is about to take, but one thing he knows no job on the roads will ever compare to this one. A winding road of sexual discovery begins, between truck stops, sight seeing and emotional blow ups. Mitch and Sam fall into rhythm as smooth and sometimes rocky as the road.

With all that comes Mitch’s shady past, a past he is afraid of letting Sam know about. That past is also his future and all that worrying should have been thought about before he let Sam in is truck. The sex between them becomes kinky and sometimes they weren’t alone. Never though did you lose the connection between them, it was like two halves of a whole. My take was that even though Mitch had done that and been there, while he was teaching Sam he was also teaching himself. Their final stop takes them to Las Vegas the home of Mitch’s skeletons but this is where I fell in love with them. You also get to meet Randy one of the skeletons, the ultimate asshole that you can’t help but love.

I hated Sam in the beginning he was like the ultimate whiner. With all “I am stupid” blah blah, he does grow up and in the end I loved him. I was happy when he embraced who he was and threw out all the self hatred bullshit. Mitch I thought he was sketchy, but then I just realized he was lonely and living in denial heaven. You can have the things you want, just have to go about it the right way. The introduction to Randy left me peeved, if I had a dick I wanted to aim it at his face and pee in it ( but he would probably like it), but then I changed my mind. Without him in that last part we would have never gotten what we did of Mitch and Sam, and I appreciated him for that. The sex was hot and plentiful became more emotional and less taboo for me at the end there. So I loved it. A great read that will forever be a tattoo on my heart. Its like one of those coming of age stories, and a brilliant love story. Makes you think why this stuff isn’t mainstream when its so bloody good. This was one amazing journey.

I can’t wait to read my adorable bastard Randy’s book. Now I know why Mitch calls him *Skeet*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!