Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Nowhere Ranch by Heidi Cullinan

Nowhere Ranch by Heidi Cullinan
Loose-Id
Novel: 153pages
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Blurb:
Roe Davis is a man who works hard, keeps to himself, and never mixes business with pleasure — until he takes a weekend away from his new job at Nowhere Ranch and runs into the owner at the only gay bar for two hundred miles. Getting involved with the boss is a bad idea, but Travis Loving is hard to say no to, especially when it turns out their kinks line up like a pair of custom-cut rails. As Loving points out, so long as this is sex on the side, no interfering with the job, they could make it work.

The truth is, there’s good reason Roe never settles down and always spends his birthdays and holidays celebrating alone. Shut out in the cold by his family years ago, Roe survived by declaring he didn’t need a home. As his affair with Loving grows into more than just sex, Roe finds out what happens when he stays put a little bit too long: the past always catches up with you. Eventually, even a loner gets lonely, and home will grow up through whatever cracks you leave open for it — even in a place called Nowhere.

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: Male/male sexual practices, strong BDSM theme and elements, fetish play.

Review
For all that is sweet and holy, I was not expecting Nowhere Ranch to be so awesmazing. I imagined cowboys, hay lifting, and all that fun stuff, but it’s what our main characters did behind closed doors that make this book shine. I gotta tell you folks my pants abandoned ship 25 pages into the book and did not return. I have ceased to go looking for them. Can I get a ‘hawt, hawt’, and a ‘bloody fucking shit’ because you will be saying both those phrases when you read this book.

Roe Davis is just a man who works hard, and lives for himself. He’s been alone for quite sometime, and that’s the way he likes it. Moving from one ranch to another is his way, because he won’t settle. A quick hook-up here and there, but nothing long lasting. Working at Nowhere Ranch it seems perfect, until he goes into town to get laid and run into his boss. Well Roe doesn’t mix business and pleasure but with his boss Travis Loving, Roe might find all that he’s been looking for.

Though Travis plays an important role in the story, it’s Roe that steals the show. It’s as if he said ‘hey Darien do you wanna see what I do each day in and out of the bedroom?’. It was the most intimate thing I have ever read. Roe’s fears, sadness, and love became apart of me. It’s as if Heidi Cullinan gifted me with watching Roe grow, and grow he did. I felt like an absolute voyeur throughout the book, and that my friend is due to some awesmazing writing.

What Roe and Travis get up to is not for the faint of heart. Say what you want but it takes skill to write a BDSM novel, because with BDSM it’s more than sex. It becomes trust, and showing that one person all the things you will never share with anyone else. Roe is this complex character, sexual yet shy, confident yet without confidence, and he fascinates me. Travis is simply beautiful and just such a realistic character. Not all about the hard tone abs, and the stamina of young men, he is just a kind man that likes to play dirty (oh yeh).

Overall, this book is a fantastic read and fantastically sexy. There is so much to say but I don’t wanna ruin this for you. I can say that this book has the best female character I have ever read in M/M, *Haley I heart you*. This was fantastic and I just effing love it, that is all.

4 1/2 Pants Off



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You were super right! I laughed and cried and lost my pants all like on the same page (lol).

      Delete
  2. This was an awesome book. What's not to like about two hot, kinky cowboys? But seriously, you are right. There's a lot more to them than that. My heart went out to Roe. He had such a rough life. I loved how the relationship develops between him and Travis and I liked Haley a lot, too. I bought this book the night it came out. I couldn't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The relationship development is awesome. They didn't even know what hit them.

      Delete

Go ahead and talk to me!