Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review: Townie and the Twink by Daisy Harris

Townie and the Twink (Men Of Holsum College #3) by Daisy Harris
Siren Publishing
Novella: 122pgs
4 Pants Off

Blurb:
Insightful to a fault, Gabe Ashton knows Nick Flynn’s gay even if Nick doesn’t. And after seeing how the townie looks at his "buddy," Gabe knows Nick is in love with a guy who’ll never love him back. So Gabe invites Nick to campus parties and to hang out with new people. But soon their friendship turns physical, and Gabe wonders if he’s in just as much denial as Nick is.

Nick’s straight—or so he’s always assumed. But he can’t deny that the things he’s doing with Gabe are hot. More than that, he likes Gabe in a way he’s never liked anyone else. Well, anyone else except his high school friend, John.

The hardest thing to give up is a fantasy, and the hardest thing to face is the truth. But if Nick wants the man standing in front of him, he’ll have to give up the one he never had.


Review:
I do believe this book is my absolute favourite so far. The plot behind this one might be a little played and over used, but I did find myself enjoying Nick and Gabe. Also, there was something very innocent and engaging about their budding friendship.

Gabe believes he can figure things out in a person long before they figure it out for themselves. That is how he knows Nick a guy from one of his classes is gay and jonesing for his best-friend. As Gabe expected Nick is in denial about his true feelings, and is totally trying to pull the straight card.

Nick has no idea what this Gabe guy wants from him, but he suddenly finds himself spending a lot more time with him. Knowing Gabe is gay doesn’t really bother him, and having him close in more than a friendship way doesn’t bother him either. So when he finds himself having sexual feelings for Gabe, Nick does not think too much about because it’s totally “not in a gay way”.

I found Townie and the Twink really interesting, and just couldn’t put it down. Gabe and Nick are fascinating; they had me thinking away from the whole gay/straight, and just the attractions that come when you truly like a person regardless of their gender. I liked Nick a lot, though sometimes his thinking was stupid it sure was entertaining. Gabe, I found sweet and my heart was breaking for him a little by the end.

Overall, I really enjoyed it, and this series is fast becoming a fave of mine. I really enjoy the uniqueness of each character; none of them so far have been alike. I look forward to reading the next book.

SideNote- I freaking dislike the cover with a passion. I would not be surprised if people avoided this story for the cover alone. It’s just so bad that I sit and stare it and think “What The Fuck” happened here?

4 Pants Off

4 comments:

  1. Love this series! Love the author. She has some merman m/m's too. Jamie & His Merman, and Hiro & His Merman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you about the cover. Awful, and definitely put me off reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the horrible cover. It turned me off so much, that I didn't even bother to read the book's blurb.

    Jess1

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and talk to me!