Saturday, September 22, 2012

Review: Stone Rose by Megan Derr

Stone Rose (The Lost Gods #3) by Megan Derr
Less Than Three Press
Novel: 77,000 words
5 Pants Off

Blurb:
Nine gods ruled the world until the ultimate betrayal resulted in their destruction. Now, the world is dying and only by restoring the Lost Gods can it be saved.

The Kingdom of Piedre has been torn apart by feuding since the Basilisk was found dead. The Brotherhood of the Black Rose seeks to ensure the Basilisk is destroyed forever, while the Order of the White Rose searches desperately for a way to restore him.

The latest mortal incarnation of the Lost God of Death is Prince Culebra, the Basilisk Prince. Plagued by assassins, one lover dead and the other gone, Culebra spends his days in despair, painfully aware that his predecessors died only one of two ways: murder or suicide.


Review:
I once again don’t have the words to describe the amazingness of this series and the excellence of this book. Megan Derr has again created a wonderful book filled with adventure, hot loving, and some of the most amazing characters I have ever read. There is never a dull moment and before you know it, the book will be over far sooner than you wanted it to.

Prince Culebra lives a lonely existence, as the reincarnation of the Basilisk god; he is both feared and revered. He is also blind, his eyes hid behind bandages because for him to see the world many will have to die. In all factuality, he has a kill stare. There always are assassins out to get him and they have failed miserable because how can you mess with someone who has an affinity for snakes. Let’s, just say that Culebra is one protected prince. Doesn’t mean he’s unreachable it just means it takes the best to finally get to him.

The story then moves by introducing us to many characters whose life somehow intertwine. I think this is the where the authors skill lies. She can wield an intricate story line that always manages to come together with a bang. I really do not want to give anything away because the fun lies in finding out everything about this series, and with each book a bigger piece of the puzzle finally comes together but there are still always smaller pieces missing (leads to anticipation for the next book).

As I said, a very character driven series, and this one had some of the most exciting characters yet. I really am in love with everyone, even the slithering scaly beauties. A female lead has a strong presence in the book, which I am just jumping out of my pants for. I am very happy about the ménage relationship because it works and makes me happy, and I am completely bias to it. This leads me to the loving. The sex scenes are never explicit, and there aren’t that many but don’t worry you wont miss them *gasp* did I just write that.

I know this wont really count as a review, but I am singing Stone Rose praises so... it definitely means you need to check this serious out. Every book plays like a movie in my head, and I am just in love with the The Lost Gods world. Another wonderful story by the very fabulous Megan Derr.

5 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!