Saturday, January 19, 2013

Review: Afflicted II by Brandon Shire

Afflicted II (Afflicted #2) by Brandon Shire
Self-Published
Novel: 214pgs
4.5 Pants Off

Blurb:
Hunter and Dillon finally came to terms with the idea that they wanted more than just hot sex with each other. Dillon decided to quit hustling in order to invest his time and energy in building their relationship, and Hunter let his barriers down and opened his heart. But fear has a way of creeping up and dismantling things that we hold precious. Dillon’s family isn’t quite finished with him yet and Hunter is torn about whether he should step into the fray.

Their journey together comes to a thrilling conclusion.



Review:
Hunter and Dillon are back in this wonderful book, and trying to make a go at real relationship. With Dillon once being, a prostitute and Hunter a blind man who likes to hold his own reins the man have a lot to overcome. They both have a lot to overcome, and baggage weighing them both down.

From Afflicted Dillon found out his cousin was dating Hunter's mom (his very young cousin).As someone carrying a lot of pain from his family, after they threw him out for being gay. He still carries the scars of life on the streets, and knowing that after 10yrs, no one in his family came to find him and that includes his cousin Travis. Having to see Travis for the first time in so long is opening old wounds that had just started to heal with Hunter being in his life. Now he must decide if after all this time, is he willing to completely walk away from his family and face the hurt of his past.

Through all this, Hunter is dealing with his emotions of finally letting someone else in. He knows Dillon’s feelings for him are strong after such a short time, and he struggles with the possibility of feeling the same. He fears that being in love means giving up his independence and becoming dependent on Hunter. When he has always held his life on such a tight string (translations he is major control freak). Noticing his own changes, causes him to re-evaluate his relationship with his mom, and realize that maybe she isn't so bad after all.

Together the men are hot, hot, and hotter. They have this hot chemistry, and even hotter sex that will melt the pants off your body. They have an emotional connection, something they have never had with anyone else. Both try to spare each other pain, and they mess up sometimes but the reason behind it is never lost.

I do believe Hunter has taught me how, if I ever I have to interact with a blind person, I now know what not to do. Yes, he cannot see but he is so attuned to everything around him that he probably sees it better than any sighted person can. His other senses are the key to his survival, and Shire does a wonderful job of integrating it all throughout the book.

I really enjoyed this book a lot more than the first. I was happy that the prose was less lyrical (ugh I never ever wanted to say that) so it made my reading experience all the more warmer. The bathroom scene damn near killed me, so I should probably say my reading experience was all the hotter. I have yet to be disappointed with anything by Brandon Shire. My only beef is that I am still waiting for Hunter and Dillon to have that safe sex talk (that serious sex talk).

Should You Read It? I recommend you pick up book one and get lost in these wonderful characters. As I said I really enjoyed this one, and recommend you pick up a book by this author. Afflicted 2 is a great conclusion to these men love story.


4.5 Pants Off


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!