Friday, January 24, 2014

Review: Wrapped in Leather by M.A Church

Reviewed by Whuppsy
Wrapped in Leather by M.A Church
Dreamspinner Press
Novel: 210pgs
4 Pants Off

Blurb:
To celebrate his decision to take the next step with his boyfriend Ian, Toshi Baylor plans a romantic evening at their favorite steak house. Toshi starts the special weekend with a bang by surprising Ian at home with lunch. There’s a bang all right, but it’s between Ian and another guy. 

Jase Taylor’s auto repair shop and the BDSM club, Wrapped Up, keep him busy while he waits for Mr. Right, instead of Mr. Right Now. He’s a Dom, but playing with the club’s submissives isn’t providing the usual stress release. After a day from hell, he deserves a good meal at his favorite steak house. 

Toshi and Jase find a mix-up with their reservations: a table for Baylor, not Taylor. When Toshi invites Jase to dine with him, they discover a mutual affection for leather and a shared belief that trust must be earned. 

Before they can explore their common interests, Toshi suffers a series of attacks by vandals. Jase’s protective instincts kick in, but both wonder if it can lead to anything permanent.

Review
Toshi is a high school teacher that has been in a relationship for about 6 months and he goes to visit his boyfriend at his apartment one afternoon and finds him in bed with another guy. Toshi is upset and very understandably so. Before he leaves, he puts the shrimp from a meal that he brought over to share, all over his ex’s place. Smelly and creative, I like it.

Jase owns his own auto repair shop. He’s this great guy who wants a real relationship. But not just any relationship, he’s a Dom and he wants a submissive partner, someone who will give Jase his submission to him and allow him to be the Dom that he longs to be. Toshi and Jase meet at a steakhouse one night and they share a table together. They end up having a great conversation and being very attracted to each other. They end up getting together and begin a relationship.

I have to say that I liked that the relationship grew. It wasn’t insta-love, but they got to know each other. They got to see what a new relationship between them looks like. It was the discovery of each person as an individual and also as part of a couple. There was a bit of a mystery in the story. Someone was messing with Toshi and I have to admit, I thought I knew who it was at first and then, I figured out who the person was. I liked that I was wrong. I liked being surprised.

I really liked how this took place over several months and not just over the course of a few weeks. They had time to really get to know each other and have a chance to fall in love. I liked that it happened slowly but surely.

Overall, I have to say that I really liked this book. I loved the pacing and the way that the story flowed together. I never felt jarred out of the story, which happens a lot of the time. A wonderful read and just spicy enough to keep you wanting more.

4 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!