Friday, March 7, 2014

Review: Inches of Trust by AR Moler

Reviewed by Whuppsy
Inches of Trust (Volume 1) by AR Moler
Torquere Press
Short Story: 134pgs
3 Pants Off

Blurb:
When architect Brian Townsend meets a man dressed as Zorro at a Halloween party it seems like a chance hookup, but Brian is attracted and it takes more effort then he originally thought just to find out the man’s name. NYPD homicide detective Tristan Blake, comes from old money, which he loathes and an idealistic streak burns within him to do a job that serves a purpose. A previous lover scorned him as a time when he was most vulnerable, after the death of friend, and Tristan is slow to trust what appears to a developing relationship between him and Brian. 

Beer tasting, a broken window, a fall down a flight of stairs, a grenade and a violent attack on Brian, what do these all have in common? Each one brings Tristan an inch closer to trusting Brian with his heart. 

Previously published as separate short stories.

Review
When I read the blurb for this story and thought to myself “Self, this story sounds like a cute and sweet read. Let’s get this one to review.” So I did and I am glad that I did. It was actually what I needed to read something sweet, cute, and an easy read.

Brian Townsend is this really cute and sweet guy. He’s an architect in New York. Just doing what he does. He’s at this Halloween party where he meets this guy dressed as Zorro. They have a few intimate moments at that party and Zorro leaves without telling his name or any way to get a hold of him. Now, Brian is a resourceful guy and he asks around and gets his name and email address.

Tristian Blake is a Homicide Detective for the NYPD. He’s this really passionate, sweet guy who has been hurt in the past from a former lover. He’s somewhat openly gay in his job, so there are some bigots about in his work life. Tristian comes from money and his family HATES that he’s this lowly cop. He could be working in the family business, but he wants to do something that helps others. That he feels so passionate about what he does makes him an even better character. I liked that about him.

This story had a few moments of angst, but not too many. When Tristian got hurt and again when Brian got hurt. There was the brief moment when Tristian’s Ex, comes into the picture, but that was so very brief that I almost wouldn’t count that.

This book did have this one thing that drove me nuts…the author kept repeating the characters full names at the beginning of each chapter, as if I didn’t know who they were. Also, repeating what just happened in the previous chapter. I read it a moment ago, I’m pretty sure that I got what happened. I really don’t need the recap, swear.

Overall, this was sweet read. Didn’t really take too much time and also just had enough sweetness and light to keep you happy. The character development was nice and other than the few things that distracted me and drove me nuts, was a pretty sweet read. You’ll enough this story for it being just a pretty nice read. You will just have this nice, pleasant feeling that all is good in the world while reading this story.

3 Pants Off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and talk to me!